Saturday 19 October 2013

Don't Worry, He's 'Armless.

In the next area, I was asked by what I thought was a female character to save a tree from being cut down (Turns out it was yet another brother of Maxwell's). (S)he asked me to stop some Lumberjack from cutting down a tree with a bird's nest in it. At first I gave him an axe because I am a terrible human being. But then I reset the level and tried to stop him from this heinous act.
I removed his arms.
I Suppose He Can Still Kick The Tree To Death?
I literally made him "armless" and it didn't classify it as stopping him. I mean, how could someone with no arms be a threat to a tree?! It just doesn't make sense... So I gave him back his arms and added a "H" in front of the adjective "armless" and it worked. 
My idea was totally better though... 
Next I helped a boy scout gain his badges. He had to chisel a log into something creative, and then put out a dummy on fire (I'm not even going to ask how that happened) so I gave him the most useful tool I could think of - a watering can. It was more effective than I thought it would be. He bandaged up the not-very-burnt-looking dummy from head to toe with a pretty little bow on top, and then ran off. 
Badass Scout... With Lace Glasses!
Next I had to give him some safety equipment for firing a weapon at a target. Some accidental typo led to me giving him lace goggles instead of lab goggles (I don't know how that even works, but there you go), and apparently that was sufficient enough protection for the bazooka I gave him to fire. So (after an accidental mishap with a grenade in which I had to do it all over again), the scout got his badges, and I gots me a Starite. 
I continued exploring until I came across a pilgrim who wanted a career change, new home... pretty much an entire new life. He wanted to be either a carpenter, farmer or banker, and I needed to give him an object to make it so. I gave him a candle, for no particular reason, and then a pitchfork. He transformed before my very eyes into a farmer, and dropped the candle. Which set fire to the rope on his cart, which in turn set fire to the cow. I got a message saying my cow randomly died of typhoid and I needed to find a suitable animal replacement. I would've thought the flames killed him first.
The Strongest Hamster Known To Man
Apparently a hamster was a suitable cart puller. Who'd have thought, eh?
Then he wanted to learn how to hunt for food. I gave him a caveman who taught him how to use a shotgun. Man I love the realism in this game. He proceeded to shoot a cow which exploded into loads of steaks. It was a beautiful moment. But I wish it was a pig, so it could rain bacon. 
Now that is a point... create lots of bacon and have a bacon party....

No comments:

Post a Comment